Thursday 11 April 2013

Goldilocks and the loaf-ers

I am always in search of the perfect black loafers; however, it is difficult to find a pair that is 'just right'. Many have the right look, yet when I try them on I instantly feel like Bruce Forsyth or as if I am wading through water with canoes attached to my feet- NOT chic. Having lived in ballet pumps for approximately the past decade, I have began to resent the feeling that I am sunken into the ground, flapping down the road in flippers, rather than purposefully pounding the pavements in search of what the day may bring.

After a few window visits, I had decided to buy this pair from Russell and Bromley. Yet when I had an unpleasant experience in the Bond Street branch (involving an extremely rude assistant and the dreaded 'shackles' syndrome), I left empty handed and back to square one!
'Brewster' Snaffle Loafer- Russell and Bromley £155.00
 

It was only last Sunday, when at my weekly pilgrimage to local carboots, that I found these...


Real Leather and Patent Leather Uppers, beautifully cushioned leather insoles and gold detailing on the front. I love the way they are classic loafers but with the twist of the patent leather panel at the front.


Very comfortable to walk in, due to the small heel, and the slightly gripped soles lessen the chances of me slipping- which I am prone to!

Van Dal branding, which I believe is a good make.
 
Glad to think my 'Goldilocks Principle' has finally paid off!
 
 
Similar vintage shoes for sale here:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment